Saturday, February 20, 2016

Cherry Blossom Shaker

Today I made this  sweet shaker card.  The  Cherry Blossom  season starts soon in  DC.  Every year I think maybe I'll get the chance to go.  I really like how this card  turned out.  613 Avenue Create has a shaker card challenge.  Pile  It on has a home made embellishment challenge.  I used  some small peeler beads that I melted  in the shaker along with some  sequins and seed pearls.  Simon Says Monday has a  recycle challenge.  The "cup' I used for my shaker came out of my trash can  because it was actually not made for that purpose but I made it work for this card. Simon Says Wednesday is also a shaker project.

4 comments:

  1. Bravo! I am glad to hear that you helped our environment by grabbing that plastic out of the trash! I am REALLY big on recycling and repurposing so your project is a big hit with me on all counts! Your design is really cute and, of course, one can never go wrong using pink! Such a clever idea to use sequins for your cherry blossoms! Creative design and wonderful execution and presentation. Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shaker card is so pretty and I LOVE the colors. What a great way to recycle garbage and turn it into something so beautiful! Thanks for entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shaker elements, Connie! The pink sequins are perfect in this design! Well done on the upcycling! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Shake It Up” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a really pretty, sweet card. Great idea with the cherry blossoms. It is a lovely vision to see them in DC.

    ReplyDelete