Saturday, November 15, 2014

Mason jar candle

Months ago I bought  some printable  acetate paper.  I wasn't  sure what  I wanted to do with it but I did want to try it.  Well today was the day!  I printed this cute scarecrow on the paper  which had sticky stuff on the back anyway then  applied it to the  jar.  It took a few  minute to actually get it to lay flat but  with a  little patience it  did  work.  Then I took a black paint  marker for  glass and  wrote  Autumn Greeting on it!  Inside I  glued a battery powered 3 in candle to the  bottom and added a few hemlock burrs on and some greenery from an old wreath a few  brown material leaves and I'm done.   I think it looks very cute.  I will giving this to a friend in the nursing home to cheer  her  a bit  during this  holiday season.  613 Avenue Create has a  random gift of  kindness challenge.  I will also use this project there even though it isn't  really a paper craft project.

No comments:

Post a Comment